Strategic Initiatives Graduate Intern III (Spring 2023)
Are you interested in a high-impact role in the water and energy spaces? LCRA’s Strategy team is looking for a student who is passionate about the energy sector and wants real-word experience contributing to the execution of company-wide initiatives!
You will provide support in the form of market research, quantitative analysis, strategic recommendations, and thought leadership to high impact cross-functional projects. Topic areas could include new technologies such as battery storage, distributed energy resources, mobile workforce, and hydrogen; employee engagement and return to work strategies; organizational change; and government funding. Send us your resume if you would like to join a committed and hardworking strategy team that strives to achieve LCRA’s vision and goals by enhancing the lives of Central Texans!
Position can run part-time through the Spring semester. Start and end dates are semi-negotiable. Intern assignments do not exceed 120 calendar days.
You will be trusted to:
- Research grant funding opportunities for various business areas.
- Assist with ad hoc strategic, business development, or research-based inquiries such as performing quantitative or economic analysis, crafting presentation materials, performing industry or market research, and monitoring and evaluating utility industry trends and best practices.
- Use data to validate strategic assumptions, tackle problems, and quantify impact to the business.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of change management plans that improve employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance to new efforts.
- Help build surveys, evaluate organizational capabilities and proficiencies, and build and improve project workflows.
You qualify with:
- Must be a currently enrolled college student pursuing a graduate degree.
You are a great fit with:
- Experience in, knowledge of, or passion for the power sector.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Wellness program
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.