Commercial MBA Intern, Business Development, Pharma
Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms.
The Business Development (BD) team is an integral part of a cross-functional team that includes the Deal transaction team and Intellectual Property (IP) and Legal team, that works to help develop and deliver new partnerships that reflect our business objectives. As a Commercial MBA Intern, Business Development - Pharma, you will get exposure to growing Ginkgo’s partnerships within the therapeutics and vaccines applications of our platform.
As part of the Business Development - Pharma team, you will gain exposure to various aspects of developing new partnerships from early stage partner outreach and pitches to drafting the deal structure. During your internship, you will assist in planning partner outreach through conferences, as well as support Business Development team members in preparation for partner interactions. You will also assist in launching new strategic initiatives that enable the Business Development team to operate more effectively.
The Ginkgo Bioworks Early Talent program is open to students who will return to their degree programs upon completion of their employment at Ginkgo. Candidates must be enrolled in a United States based institution and/or have work authorization in the United States to be eligible to participate.
- Lead market landscape assessments, including key market needs and current participant capabilities across therapeutic modalities, to shape the strategy and identify new business opportunity areas
- Support BD team members in seeking new partnership opportunities with companies
- Lead external partner engagement on partnering conferences
- Current enrollment in a master’s degree program
- 1-2+ years prior experience in Management / Life Sciences Strategy Consulting, or Strategy/Commercial Roles at a Biotech/Pharma Company
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to develop fact-based and informed opinions
- Understanding of the synthetic biology and biotechnology industry and its applications
- Passion for collaboration and significant experience in relationship-building, and leveraging and converting market knowledge and relationships into business opportunities
- Eagerness to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and enthusiasm to be a part of Ginkgo’s mission
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.