Associate ( Full- time)
CustomerFirst Renewables has rebranded to Coho!
Coho Climate Advisors (Coho) is a global climate adviser with deep market insight—dedicated to helping our clients navigate unique complexities and take ambitious steps on their climate journey. Coho helps clients develop comprehensive carbon reduction strategies and procure energy solutions such as large-scale wind and solar, onsite and community solar, and retail energy. We also help clients recycle and optimize water usage, reducing demand for freshwater and discharge of wastewater.
Associates at Coho are highly empowered members of a team that provides carbon, renewable energy (RE) and water advisory services to Coho’s clients. Associates play a central role across several client engagements, work in a client-focused team, and interact frequently with client team members and Coho’s leadership team.
As an associate you will lead small projects or modules of larger projects. You will develop deep carbon, RE and water resiliency market and project know-how; strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills; and the ability to conduct comprehensive RE project due diligence as well as technical and economic modeling skills typical of top-tier consulting firms—all applied to RE and water resiliency strategies and solutions.
Candidates’ primary work location may be anywhere in the continental United States, with a requirement for periodic travel to Coho’s headquarters in Bethesda, MD, which is in the Washington, DC metro area.
At Coho, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion help us foster a passionate, capable and fun team – and that they are important drivers of our core value to ‘be the best team.’ In line with our core values, Coho proudly embraces all people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Example Job Roles
Analytics and problem solving
- Analyze client energy and water usage and cost and create models for future energy and water use scenarios
- Build and improve detailed Excel models simulating range of outcomes of RE solutions
- Conduct and lead transaction-related project due diligence processes
- Develop hypotheses to guide analytical process to desired outcomes for own work and that of more junior team members
- Lead and improve client-specific problem solving to bring best solutions to our clients
- Understand and translate client dialogue into a clear set of deliverables and next steps
- Develop and create well-organized storylines and logical presentations for clients and other audiences, assist more junior team members with storyboard development
- Communicate complex concepts and analyses succinctly to empower clients to reach their goals
Teamwork and people leadership
- Lead Coho and client teams both in person and in conference / video calls during progress and decision-making meetings
- Engage with all levels at Coho and with clients from project team to C-suite members
- Create an open, honest and productive environment that enables highly impactful teams
- Develop more junior team members to achieve their professional growth and increase their contributions
Client and impact delivery
- Lead change management with our clients, identify potential roadblocks and create solutions to keep project and decision-making on time
- Deliver measurable client impact and results
Entrepreneurial and thought leadership
- Develop new thinking in the field of carbon, RE, and water solutions and analytical and evaluation approaches
- Participate in business development of clients and emerging market solutions
- Begin to identify project, client or market opportunities
Qualifications and Skills
- MBA with three or more years of relevant work experience, or other educational background with five or more years of relevant work experience
- Passion for sustainability, the energy industry and/or renewables
- Comfort completing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Ability to learn quickly, even in areas with limited experience or knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to communicate complex matters in a simple, concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with individuals ranging from varied experience levels and backgrounds
- Strong sense of ownership/self-motivation; professional and organized with an ability to deliver on tight deadlines in an agile, growth-focused environment
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in an unstructured and flexible environment
- Demonstrated project and team leadership experience; ability to plan, execute, and deliver impactful work for self and others
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills across a range of topics
- Honest and fun!
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is also a plus:
§ Renewables, cleantech, water resiliency or energy industries
§ Consulting, investment banking, PE/VC, project finance, economics, or engineering
§ Competitive electricity markets (wholesale and/or retail)
Apply for this Position