Laboratory Associate: New College Graduate (2023 - 2024)
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
Assists in analyzing specimens and maintains equipment in good operating condition.
- Assists in testing of patient samples according to standard operating procedure.
- Meets expected performance metrics within role as applicable.
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
- Provides guidance for new team members.
- Follows GLP (good laboratory practice): maintain clean and organized workspace
- Completes training and other deadlines on time.
- Recognizes, escalates, and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and common processing errors according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Recognizes, documents, and escalates protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
- Communicates with team and other departments on various platforms (including via e-mail)
- Provides feedback on day-to-day schedule and tasks to lead/supervisor
- Assists teammates in completing daily tasks
- Maintains equipment and instruments in good operating condition (such as calibration and expiration date)
- Maintains sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Projects (TAG, 5S)
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner
- Adheres to Departmental Expectations
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post-offer criminal background check
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in a biological science or a related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Word processing and data management
- Ability to work well in a group
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information: