Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Engineer for our Mechanical Engineering Practice in Hong Kong, China. In this role, you will work as part of a team to engage in a wide range of tasks to serve both of our industrial and legal clients. You should have a strong electrochemistry and/or materials background in order to contribute to the fast-developing battery consulting services at Exponent. You will possess a well-developed understanding of secondary and primary battery chemistry, cell design, cell assembly, and material and battery characterization. Ideally, you can draw from 3-5 years of hands-on experience with battery research and development, which may include work on a doctorate degree.
You will be responsible for:
- Applying hands-on experience to solve challenging, real world battery electrochemistry and materials problems for our clients
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Playing a key role in designing and running experiments, as well as interpreting and presenting data
- Contributing to preparing reports and presenting results to clients
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering or similar field
- Specialized knowledge of electrochemistry and lithium-ion or other battery technology is required
- Strong laboratory experience, including analytical and experimental techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work within project teams with strong desire to contribute, have potential for technical and project managerial leadership
- Must be able to convey complex technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal and related industries
- Prior consulting, industry or litigation experience is a plus
- Must possess effective leadership skills with the ability to interact with managers, engineers, attorneys and other administrative staff
- Relocation to Hong Kong, China
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English
- Ability to speak Chinese (Mandarin) or have significant experience doing business in China
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.