Associate/Senior Associate (6050)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate or Senior Associate for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Warrenville, IL.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing electrical engineering consulting related to ongoing Exponent work
- This includes completing projects associated with power systems, renewable energy, residential, commercial and industrial equipment, electrical work practices, control systems, battery systems, consumer products, and electrical installations
- During these projects, you will be working to answer questions like: why a system failed, what could have prevented an issue, how can a product or equipment be made safer
- Having a drive to understand why things happen and how best we can help a client while having fun and learning
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Applied Physics
- Technical background in one or more of the areas below:
- Electrical Power Systems including design, components, installation, commissioning and/or analysis
- Residential, commercial, and industrial electrical equipment including design, component selection, operation and control, and/or manufacturing
- Electrical work practices including PPE, arc flash calculations, and/or electrical shock evaluation
- Consumer product design related to electrical connections, printed circuit board layout/design, overcurrent protection, etc.
- 1-3 years of industry experience in one or more of the areas described above is preferred but not required
- Experience in failure analysis associated with one or more of the areas described above is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to gather information and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and related industry
- Ability to support multiple projects at a time
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.