Chemist/Materials Scientist (6098)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Chemist/Materials Scientist or Engineer for our Polymer Science & Materials Chemistry Practice in Hong Kong. In this role you will work as part of a team utilizing your extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of chemical, physical, and mechanical behavior of polymers, metals, ceramics and composites. Consulting efforts will be targeted in the area of product development, failure analysis and compositional control to a range of consumer, industrial, health and environmental applications. A long-term goal for a successful candidate will be to develop business and bring new clients to the firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Inspecting, analytical testing and other scientific analyses to address material-related issues in a variety of product areas
- Analyzing root cause on a wide variety of failures in applications from consumer products to medical devices
- Gathering information from and conveying technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, law and industry
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Material Science or related field
- Experience with sampling techniques and statistical data analysis for Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, thermal analysis, polymer mechanical analysis, SEM/EDX, GC-MS, XPS, TOF-SIMS and other techniques
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Strong educational and publication credentials
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required, verbal fluency in Mandarin Chinese is preferred
- Relocation to Hong Kong
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.