Human Resources Generalist (6110)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist in Natick, MA. In this role, you will work as part of a broader firm-wide Human Resources department of 20 and be a member of our global Human Resources Business Partner team of six (6). This role has the option for a hybrid schedule (2-3 days/week in the Natick, MA office).
In this professional services firm environment, you will provide HR generalist support to a variety of technical practice areas and corporate departments across the firm. Exponent’s HR Business Partner team is committed to providing a high level of support and partnership as it pertains to the full employee life cycle including engagement and development of our employees, diversity, equity and inclusion, performance management, onboarding, and offboarding. This proactive and professional Generalist will directly contribute to the effective development of the Exponent’s people and business performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with employees, practice/department directors, and senior leadership on a variety of HR tasks and requests
- Ensuring effective implementation of key HR processes (people development programs, annual performance/compensation review, career momentum discussions) in line with HR global processes liaising with other HR team members and practice/department leaders, as appropriate
- Partnering and collaborating with your HR colleagues on employee development and engagement initiatives
- Working with a designated Recruiter for your practices/departments on smooth candidate transitions from the offer stage and into onboarding
- Participating in our robust annual performance review process as the HR partner for your practices/departments, ensuring effective implementation of overall processes and that our performance expectations are equitably applied
- Working with supervisors on employee performance management including providing guidance for conversations, drafting performance improvement plans, and processing departures, as needed
- Supporting and resolving complex employee relations issues including confidential and sensitive conversations, conducting workplace investigations, and proper documentation
- Working with our external immigration counsel to process visa paperwork, as needed
- Serving as a resource for employees regarding policies, procedures, and directing them to the right resource as needed
- Entering employee information into ATS and HRIS systems, running ad-hoc reports, as needed
- Supporting and growing a culture of career development
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 2 – 4 years’ experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding and experience with compensation concepts as it relates to partnering with hiring managers and practice/department leadership to set offer compensation and compensation package components (relocation, sign-on bonus)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and HRIS systems
- Customer-service orientated demeanor in a professional, time-sensitive, and fast-paced environment
- High personal standards of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, collect data and make recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Solid written and verbal communication skills including public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines with, at times, limited oversight
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), audio/video conferencing systems (Microsoft Teams)
- Broad knowledge of employment laws and ability to learn and interpret standard practices and policies
- Proactive, responsive, enthusiastic, and a team-player
- Collaborative and the ability to effectively influence across teams and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable work ethic
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.