Mechanical Engineer (6104)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Mechanical Engineering Practice in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will be expected to grow in the key aspects of consulting, including technical expertise and effective spoken and written communications, to develop a consulting practice serving clients both within and outside the firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicating effectively with other engineers, managers, clients, and administrative reports
- Conducting hands-on failure analysis
- Planning and executing laboratory tests
- Performing calculations and analysis
- Creating written reports and presentations
- Performing field inspections
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and/or similar fields with an emphasis on fluid mechanics and/or heat transfer
- Specialized knowledge/experience in building mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, piping, etc.) preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of experimental methods for measuring air flow, temperature and humidity
- Demonstrated experience in other areas of mechanical engineering and ability to come up to speed quickly in new subject areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent project ownership characteristics
- Ability to work within project teams with strong desire to contribute, have potential for technical and project managerial leadership, as well as desire to seek new client relationships to grow a client base
- Must be able to convey complex technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal, and related industries
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes on short notice and for longer periods of time
- Our contracts with the United States Government for this position require proof of U.S. citizenship
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.