The Business Network for Offshore Wind’s communications internship gives upcoming or recent graduates immediate, hands-on experience in communications for a cutting-edge industry. Under the mentorship of experienced Network staff, interns will gain valuable experience in communications strategy, including digital (social/podcast), media relations, and writing.
About the Position:
Located in Baltimore (remote work TBD) and reporting to the vice president of public affairs, the intern will gain hands on experience with the Business Network for Offshore Wind’s social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), website, and media relation and video production. The individual will focus on telling stories, sharing the Network’s valuable work, and promoting the importance of offshore wind within the growing renewable energy sector.
The intern will gain experience on new communications tools and platforms, identifying the latest trends and ideas, and help create dynamic content that will help broaden awareness of the Network among members and the public. Ideal candidates will have excellent writing and editing skills and must have a keen interest in renewable energy.
· Create copy for webpages, newsletters, and media materials.
- In depth experience shaping the Network’s social media platforms, namely: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes creating content and helping craft unique campaigns.
· Post updates to the Network’s website (www.offshorewindus.org)
· Support public relations outreach, including draft press releases and curate journalist lists
· Works with communications team on unique products and events, including the Network’s Ventus Awards program and black-tie gala.
· Other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills Required
· Working toward or recently completed a BA in Communications, English or relevant experience
· Strong writer with knowledge of AP Style.
· Experience using: WordPress, Buffer (or other social media management platform), Google Analytics, and Photoshop.
· Familiarity with photography/videography and Adobe Suites, including Adobe Premiere Pro, a plus.
· Knowledge of digital and social media platform(s)
· Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral with an ability to do so at all levels. Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals and meet deadlines.
The Business Network for Offshore Wind a nonprofit organization focused on the development of the U.S. offshore wind industry. As the leading voice for the offshore wind business community, we bring together developers, policymakers, academia, global experts, and leading businesses.