Business Development Intern
The Business Network for Offshore Wind’s business development intern gives upcoming or recent graduates immediate, hands-on experience in business development for a cutting-edge industry. Under the mentorship of experienced Network staff, interns will gain valuable experience in sales communication strategy, sales skills, relationship development and management, CRM management and data mining.
About the Position:
Located in Baltimore (remote work) and reporting to the vice president of business development and marketing, the business development intern will gain hands on experience with the Business Network for Offshore Wind’s membership sales team including sales communications strategy, 1:1 sales calls, CRM management and prospect development. The individual will focus on supporting the Network primary sellers by attending sales calls, writing proposals, managing incoming requests, supporting current members and developing new markets through research within the growing renewable energy sector.
The intern will gain experience in sales strategy, verbal and written persuasive communication, and data management that will help broaden awareness of the Network and connect people and companies to the offshore wind market. Ideal candidates will have excellent written and verbal and communication skills, a willingness to learn in face to face sales environments and should have a keen interest in renewable energy.
· Support the primary sales team by attending face to face meetings.
· Draft and deliver sales proposals and manage customer communication with the seller
· Assist with member support including communicating member benefits and assistance with benefit inquiries
· Research and identify new prospects in target audiences
· Learn and manage data in CRM (salesforce), run reports and audit data as necessary
· Other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills Required
· BA in Business Administration, Communications, English or relevant experience
· Strong writer with knowledge of AP Style.
· Experience using: MS Office, LinkedIn, and Salesforce or equivalent CRM software a plus.
· Strong written and verbal presentation skills
· Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral with an ability to do so at all levels.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals and meet deadlines.
The Business Network for Offshore Wind a nonprofit organization focused on the development of the U.S. offshore wind industry. As the leading voice for the offshore wind business community, we bring together developers, policymakers, academia, global experts, and leading businesses.