Human Resource Generalist II
This position provides professional support and expertise in the design, implementation, and administration of broad range of human resources functions or programs within an organizational unit. Serves as a human resources business partner to the administration, faculty, and staff of an organizational unit.
- Implements broad range of human resources functions or programs including, but not limited to, recruitment and staffing, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, organizational development, and training. Has the authority to formulate, affect, interpret, and implement policies and operating practices associated with assigned area or programs.
- Communicates and interprets human resources policies and procedures for managers and employees.
- Investigates and resolves matters of significance including complex and unusual issues or employee complaints on behalf of management.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding human resource issues such as staffing, recruitment, and employee relations.
- Analyzes federal and state laws, and university regulations to ensure the University’s human resources programs are effective and consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as human resources consultant to faculty and staff by providing advice and guidance related to human resources. Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment laws, collective bargaining agreements, university regulations, and personnel procedures.
- Provides guidance and assistance to university personnel regarding human resources policies and procedures.
- Performs complex data analysis, prepares reports and/or presentations for management. Monitors the effectiveness of human resources policies and recommends revisions or modification to meet the needs of the university.
- May provide training and development services to increase workforce competence, employee engagement, or organizational capability.
Commensurate with experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLIANTS:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
To learn more about UF Scripps Biomedical Research, please click on the link: UF Scripps Biomedical Research.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time-limited position
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <521256> and the deadline date to apply is open until filled. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 521256