Engineering Full-Time (Oil & Gas Business)
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
The Oxy Engineering Development Program provides field-based and office-based experiences for new college hires to the Company. The program runs about 3 years in duration and participants in the program will typically take part in 1-2 field/plant/platform-based assignment lasting approximately 1-2 years. The remaining time in the program may consist of field/plant/platform-based rotations or be located in an office depending on business need and availability. Each role/rotation will have a checklist of experiences and competencies the participate should achieve before moving to a subsequent rotation.
In addition to the development-based rotations, the OEDP program will have four additional opportunities for growth.
- Buddy System: Each participant will be paired with a legacy program participant and a member of the early-career network to assist in the day-to-day items.
- Technical Mentorship: Each participant will be paired with a SME for their assigned discipline to assist in technical opportunities
- Technical & Behavioral Training: Engineers in this program will attend a new-hire orientation week to encompass the safety training, IT/Facilities equipment, and HR benefits sessions before moving into the BU. Engineers will also attend COMPASS, a two-week technical training program for early career engineers, during the first year in the program.
- Networking and Events: Participants will be invited to program-specific events and collaboration efforts between ECN, WON, etc.
Due to the increasing size and strength of our domestic operations, Oxy can offer individuals a broad range of experiences and technical challenges. Oxy is a leader in CO2 tertiary recovery technology as well as water and steam flood management. We daily push the technology envelope in areas such as horizontal drilling, production automation, artificial lift, acidizing and hydraulic fracturing. The talents of our production engineers, drilling engineers, and facilities engineers are required throughout all our work. These engineering disciplines are typically made up of graduates in petroleum or other related engineering disciplines.
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Relocation Assistance and/or fully-furnished Corporate Housing provided, if applicable
- 9/80 Work Schedule. Enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- Pregnancy/Bonding Leave and Family Care Leave
- Bachelor’s/ Graduate Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
- Must have a graduation date of December 2021 – May 2023
- Must maintain minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Desire to pursue career in Oil and Gas Industry
- Houston, Texas; Denver, Colorado; The Woodlands, Texas; Various locations in West Texas, Southwest New Mexico or Offshore Gulf of Mexico
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.