Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Specialist - College Full-Time (Oil & Gas)
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Oxy strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment, and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
This position is the focal point for integrating HSE practices and policies into daily operations of a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team which includes operations and support functions, and is responsible for communicating and applying federal, state, local, and company HSE policies and requirements within oil and gas operations. Additional duties include developing and implementing new and existing programs designed to promote safe operations and improved HSE performance, emergency response planning, audits and assessments, record-keeping, internal and external reporting, development of written reports, conducting investigations and root cause analysis, site remediation, focal point for regulatory and other government agencies, training, development of presentations, and conducting team safety meetings.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering (e.g. chemical, risk, environmental, occupational safety, fire protection, etc.), environmental, safety or industrial hygiene related studies.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Demonstrated, proactive and responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors and the public.
- Must have a graduation date of December 2022 – May 2023
- Knowledge (preferred) or awareness of health, environmental and safety regulatory requirements at the federal, state and local levels.
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Relocation Assistance and/or fully-furnished Corporate Housing provided, if applicable
- 9/80 Work Schedule. Enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- Pregnancy/Bonding Leave and Family Care Leave
- Midland, TX
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- Denver City, TX
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.