R9204 Post-Doctoral Researcher - Develop Energy Storage Technology
NREL is seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in various projects to develop thermal energy storage technology. This team is supported by the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E and EERE. The candidate will work with other engineers and scientists in the Thermal Systems R&D Group, within the Energy Conversion and Storage Systems Center (ECaSS) Center.
The candidate will contribute to develop energy storage technologies including thermal energy storage (TES) and hydrogen technologies integrating with concentrating solar power (CSP). Responsibilities under this position include leading research work on analyzing, modeling/designing, testing, reporting, and publishing using engineering software and tools that are desirable for component and system development and laboratory prototype testing.
- Design and analyze solar receiver, TES, and test prototypes.
- Develop and perform laboratory testing on component prototypes.
- Write technical reports and contribute to project review meetings.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed conferences and high-impact scientific journals.
- Knowledge or classwork related to energy systems with design and computational model analysis using engineering software will be necessary.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated research capability and initiation in the following areas are preferred:
- Strong background on computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and design software using ANSYS and SolidWorks.
- Knowledge on multiphase (especially gas-particle two phase system) thermal energy storage, and/or renewable hydrogen technologies.
- Experience on machine learning, thermal system performance and technoeconomic analysis would be desirable.
- Familiar with laboratory works, testing instrumentation and software such as LabView for data acquisition and control.