Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate industrial incidents, injuries, and/or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventative measures.
- Report or review findings from incident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Inspect and audit facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and management system compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Interview employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to the companies lagging indicators.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety.
- Up to 20% domestic travel and occasional international travel.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties
- Associate degree in Safety Technology, Occupational Health, and Safety or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of safety experience.
- Minimum one (1) year offshore experience and familiarity with offshore client and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% and internationally on occasion.
- Valid TWIC Card.
- Any and all specific Training Certifications or Qualifications required to travel offshore.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the safety field.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Solid computer skills in the basic office suite programs.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced atmosphere and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Certified First Aid/CPR and Train the Trainer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.