2023 Summer Internship - Marketing & Sales
Position Location: Motiva Corporate Office; Houston, TX
If you are currently enrolled as a student, Motiva’s paid, assessed Internship Program enables you to get to know our company and immerse yourself in the oil and gas industry. It gives you day-to-day involvement in actual projects selected to match your interests and abilities. A supervisor and mentor will provide you with regular assessments and performance feedback throughout your internship. This is to ensure you get the most from your experience and help you decide if a potential career with Motiva is right for you.
Following completion of a successful internship, you have the potential to be offered a returning internship or full-time role that follows Motiva’s Grad Framework dependent on your graduation date and business need.
As a Marketing & Sales intern with Motiva you’ll take part in strengthening our corporate reputation, building brand awareness, and supporting our strategic business goals. We want to help you make an impact in this important area of Motiva’s business and learn how to become a key influencer on how we conduct our business. Our team will push you to use your own creativeness to influence Motiva’s sales and marketing strategies.
Your summer project(s) will give you possible exposure to:
- Monitoring market development
- Briefing colleagues for strategic planning cycles
- Maximizing sales revenue
- Developing value propositions for customer segments
- Building exciting customer relationships
- Enhancing customer experience
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Pursuing a B.S. in Business, Finance, Marketing or Accounting (preferred)
- Basic computer skills, MS Windows, MS office and MS Excel
- Basic computation and technical skills
- Time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to learn vendor specific software
- Ability to follow detailed instructions in a logical manner
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Proven leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Other work experience not related to position/area of study will be taken into consideration
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.