2023 Summer Internship - Finance/Accounting/Supply Chain
Primary: Motiva Corporate Office; Houston, TX
Other: Motiva Refinery, Port Arthur, TX
If you are currently enrolled as a student, Motiva’s paid, assessed Internship Program enables you to get to know our company and immerse yourself in the oil and gas industry. It gives you day-to-day involvement in actual projects selected to match your interests and abilities. A supervisor and mentor will provide you with regular assessments and performance feedback throughout your internship. This is to ensure you get the most from your experience and help you decide if a potential career with Motiva is right for you.
Following completion of a successful internship, you have the potential to be offered a returning internship or full-time role that follows Motiva’s Grad Framework dependent on your graduation date and business need.
If you’re currently pursuing a degree in Finance or Accounting, we have potential opportunities available for you in 2022. If the role below is of interest, we encourage you to apply. As we identify available positions, we’ll contact you about next steps in the recruiting process should you meet our basic qualification requirements. Note these openings may be located at our Houston office or our refinery in Port Arthur.
Finance or Accounting:
As a finance or accounting intern, you’ll have an opportunity to perform key commercial tasks that support our core operations. We are looking for innovative and commercially focused students to join our team who can deliver exception performance while driving profit and shaping our overall business portfolio.
Through your summer project(s) you will experience a comprehensive introduction to the scope of Motiva’s financial workings. You could take part in a variety of responsibilities including:
- Financial modeling, valuations and analysis
- Finance input into commercial decisions
- Risk management and internal control
- Local and group accounting policies, standards and reporting
- Planning, target setting and budgeting
- Performance management and appraisal
As an intern in our planning and administration organization, your summer project work may include:
- Understand and Communicate high level strategic project status within the Supply, Trading, and Logistics department within Motiva
- Analyze internal and external data, and present actionable conclusions to Motiva leaders
- Interface with Traders, Trading Managers, Market Analysts, and Project Managers to collaborate and execute projects
- Graphically visualize market and business concepts for understanding of senior leaders within Motiva
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Basic computer skills, MS Windows, MS office and MS Excel
- Basic computation and technical skills
- Time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Proven leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Other work experience not related to position/area of study will be taken into consideration
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.