GSS Mud Logging Analyst
The GSS Mud Logging Analyst is responsible for delivering safe, efficient, and reliable Product Service Delivery to customers. The GSS Mud Logging Analyst identifies opportunities to improve service delivery, implements standard work, and manages risk during service delivery. This person monitors the well to provide timely and factual information to our customers; maintain sensors, equipment, and data acquisition equipment; and delivers high quality data to the customer at the wellsite
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of the samples collected; analyzes, interprets and reports in the End of Well Report and enters within the formation evaluation log all information relating to the cutting samples, and informs the Client representatives.
- Is responsible for communicating to the Client representatives any information regarding primary well control and well integrity during well site operations as deducted from the data.
- Primary responsible for maintaining and analyzing the volume balance sheet during well site operations.
- Exercises his/her discretion and independent judgment to alert the Data Analyst of any discrepancies in the formation evaluation or gases analysis observed.
- Is a key person involved in the detection and monitoring of potential well control situations?
- Ensures the design of an accurate and comprehensive formation evaluation log according to the Client's format.
- Is aware of, and respects all safety regulations and procedures, as specified by the Client, Drilling Operator, Geoservices or relevant safety authorities.
- Uses his/her experience and judgment to improve the service quality delivery and communicates to the Data Analyst all improvement opportunities.
- Interacts with other service companies’ personnel and Client representatives at the well site, ensuring the prevention of events that may give rise to the wellbore insecurity.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in core recovery and core description.
- Shares with other well site personnel the responsibility for rigging up and rigging down the mud logging equipment.
- Keeps the confidentiality of the Client’s well data.
- Manages and provides support, coaching and guidance to Sample Catchers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Geology, Geological Applied Sciences, Earth Sciences or Applied Sciences is a plus.
- Previous experience as a Mud Logger / Mud Logging Analyst is preferred however not essential if candidate is degree qualified in relevant discipline
- Offshore experience and Gulf of Mexico experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Drilling Equipment and Techniques:
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected