Business Development - Solar
Inside Sales Manager
Chint Power Systems (CPS) America is a market-leading supplier of three-phase string inverters for the solar industry. We take pride in our commitment to customer focus for the life of each project. We offer best-in-class cost leadership, driven by value engineering and world-class supply chain efficiency.
CPS America has four office locations: Business Operations is based in Morristown, NJ;
Supply Chain Operations in Pomona, California; and Products & Applications Engineering in Pleasanton, California. Our new U.S. headquarters and Innovation Center is located in Richardson, Texas. We also have a team of service, sales, operations and applications engineers strategically located around the country.
The successful Business Development candidate will be responsible for developing an effective strategy to support new and current leads, nurturing existing accounts, creating an effective sales process utilizing Salesforce and improving upon broker and operational processes.. This individual will support the outside sales team and customers. They will promote our exemplary sales and service culture through effective coaching, guidance and staff motivation, and achieves sales goals through new sales, referrals and retention of relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
Applicant must be detail-oriented and be able to work independently as well as in a team. Must be able to prioritize workload, keep track of due dates and get the job done from start to finish with accuracy. Be responsible for assigned tasks. Great verbal and written communication skills are key for this role, as well as ability to communicate clearly with customers/vendors via multiple channels.
Proficiency with MS Office as well as Salesforce and SAP is a plus. We will train you on our products, which is essential for sales.
· 0-5 years customer service or sales experience
· Business degree or experience desired
· Must be highly motivated and goal oriented to reach or exceed sales goals
· Skilled at order taking and processing, assisting customers with quotes and questions
· Provide excellent customer service to customers
· Knowledge of the PV industry desired
· Familiarity with Commercial market segment of photovoltaics desired
· Ability to manage and oversee multiple projects and/or programs concurrently
· Ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams
· Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
· Ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations to technical audiences
· This job requires 50-75% travel to meet with customers, sales managers, expos, tradeshows.