Capital Planning Intern
Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than a century, and our electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. We serve 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. Our mission is to meet their energy needs in a safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Our service area covers 63 counties and more than 500 towns, including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com.
This is a full-time position during the summer from May to Aug 2023.
The Capital Planning Intern will support the oversight of capital project related business analysis activities and governance occurring in the field operations and their related technical departments across the Ameren Missouri business segment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Learn and understand how an energy company invests in assets to provide customers reliable, affordable power.
- Involved in executing activities, providing support and collaborating with corporate and business unit stakeholders in matters of capital governance and analysis to include activities such as: tracking of projects, cost effectiveness, risk analysis, quality assurance, and implementation of projects.
- Responsible for producing standard reports and related analysis by using of a variety of internal IT systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and investigate issues brought forth by Ameren Missouri leaders related to business and financial performance.
- Assist in reviewing and understanding complex business operations and disseminate analysis findings; identify and share best practices.
- Independently create effective and professional slide presentations with inputs from core team within PowerPoint.
- As necessary, support, develop and present recommendations regarding capital planning and spend.
- Leverage engineering knowledge (learned in school or during this internship) to offer recommendations and/or describe projects, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in student status pursuing a bachelor’s or master's degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field from an accredited University required.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required but a 3.0 or higher is preferred
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Strong analytical skills - must have advanced Excel skills, be an analytical thinker with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and recommend appropriate plans of action. Strong computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access. Knowledge of Oracle based systems is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication - will interact and build strong working relationships with teammates at all levels throughout Ameren including senior management; will have extensive interactions with key Ameren MO leaders. Strong business acumen and ability to think strategically.
This is a remote work position. Remote collegiate co-workers are required to be working within Ameren's Operating Area (i.e. MO, IL, or IA).