Entry-Level Controls Engineer
- Apply your knowledge of programming methods, electrical design and engineering problem solving to 21st century manufacturing. The Controls/Automation Engineer will design, program, and troubleshoot packaging machinery and line control systems. This person will travel to top clients across the country to assist in the design of manufacturing processes, help manage projects, develop facilities, and impact the world by conducting themselves with integrity in pursuit of individual and enterprise goals. This role will challenge you to be a passionate and successful business family member all while expanding your technical abilities.
- Create user applications to monitor and control the production of consumer goods, to satisfy various regulatory agencies, using modern industry standards
- Design control systems that provide instantaneous feedback on the production life cycle
- Design, program, and troubleshoot packaging machinery and line control systems
- Electrical engineering design support
- Electrical control panel design
- Industrial controller (PLC) programming design and Human Machine Interface (HMI) development
- Electrical engineering initiatives
- Support Design Group project teams
- This position will require the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility with tasks and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors
- Co-op or project experience with electrical engineering and PLC automation applications is preferred
- Co-op or project experience with pharmaceutical, consumer products and high-speed environments is a plus
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.