Intern (Multiple Departments Available)
Interns - (Summer May thru Aug 2023)
Description - External
Sunoco, L.P., the nation’s largest fuel distribution company, is looking for interns to join one of our fast-paced, high impact teams in Dallas, TX, Philadelphia, PA and Marcus Hook, PA. We are seeking to fill roles in the following departments: Supply, Trading, Midstream, Wholesale Inventory, Pricing, Sales Support, Field Support, Investor Relations, Finance, Race Fuels, Procurement/Marketing and Business Development.
This is a twelve (12) week paid internship program beginning May 2023. You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an expected graduation date in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.
Summary: During your internship you will have direct access to senior leadership within the organization as well as the opportunity to work on high-impact strategic projects in addition to your core departmental responsibilities. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning about the oil & gas industry in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment. Candidates will have the opportunity to express their department and location of preference during the interview process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (dependent on department):
• Refine existing team and organization dashboards and reports that drive strategic decision-making
• Develop models to help us assess commercial opportunities or optimize current processes that could drive incremental profitability
• Serve as a thought partner to your teammates and actively contribute to the team’s strong problem solving orientation
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure your work is understood and supported across the organization
Required Skills (External) Requirements: Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
• Currently enrolled in college - we’re open to candidates of all degrees – if you possess the intangibles above and the work sounds intriguing, we can teach you the rest
• Preferably junior status
• General requirements include self-motivated individuals, involvement in activities outside college studies.
• Above average GPA
• Distinctive problem solving skills and an intellectual curiosity to solve unique and oftentimes complex problems
• Strong work ethic and high level of self-motivation and accountability to “get stuff done” – while you’ll receive regular coaching and feedback, we intentionally position our interns to be able to own their work
• Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with occasionally tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills - familiarity with SQL a plus