2023 PhD & Post Doc - Senior Scientist, Kinase Biology
As a global company with operations across Asia, Europe, and North America, WuXi AppTec provides a broad portfolio of R&D and manufacturing services that enable global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to advance discoveries and deliver groundbreaking treatments to patients. Through its unique business models, WuXi AppTec’s integrated, end-to-end services include chemistry drug CRDMO (Contract Research, Development and Manufacturing Organization), biology discovery, preclinical testing and clinical research services, cell and gene therapies CTDMO (Contract Testing, Development and Manufacturing Organization), helping customers improve the productivity of advancing healthcare products through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
The Oncology & Immunology Unit (OIU) works efficiently with partners through our leading biology research service platform. We cover all of your research needs ranging from target discovery, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, and translational research to clinical biomarker testing enabling drug discovery for cancer, autoimmune disease and rare genetic diseases (RGD). Learn more about OIU here.
Job Location: Suzhou, China
- As cell biology/biochemistry (kinase biology) platform leader, candidate is obligated to offer insights, initiatives and strategies in team building.
- Building cell biology/biochemistry testing platform; responsible for writing related SOP and ensure it is properly executed.
- As project leader, candidate is responsible for study design, resource allocation, by which to make sure the successful completion of projects.
- Involving in multi-tiered projects’ milestone planning meeting, capable of working with other group leaders and platform leaders.
- Keen on team building and development; obligated to guide and supervise team member’s work and responsible for team’s talent cultivation.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, oncology or other life science field. Extensive research experience in oncology and target discovery is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in cell biology/kinase biology; master skills and techniques in cell biology includeing but not limited to HTRF, AlphaLISA, ADP-Glo, et al; bench work experience is a must;
- Experience in gene cloning, protein expression, cell culture, and generation of transient/stable cell lines. Experience in CRISPR/Cas9, RNAi is a plus.
- Highly motivated, work independently, strong analytical skills and summarizing strategies is preferred. Creative research achievement is a plus, e.g. Publication in high-ranking journal.
- Fluent oral/written Mandarin Chinese and English; rich experience in team management.