An Intern in a CITGO HSE Department with job function assignment including but not limited to: Occupational Health, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety Management, and Environmental Management. Responsibilities may include the following tasks: Assist in hazard recognition audits, analyzing fire protection system data, tracking and analyzing HSE data for trend analysis and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) review. This process would include the development and implementation processes to ensure the consistent, accurate, and timely submission of HSE data and information.
HSE intern responsibilities may also include the development of safety posters and other safety related training materials, used at Corporate Headquarters and Business Units; provide support to their assigned facility Safety Committee; assist in HSE Management System Reviews and Business Unit’s Self Assessments reviews; and in participating in improvement initiatives around contractor safety management.
Additional HSE intern responsibilities may include entering data in a central database, assisting in studies at business unit operations, scanning or entering historical scientific studies onto server. Performing or assisting in ergonomic studies or field surveys. Assisting with field audits and inspections. Special projects in the respective group assigned as requested.
- Assist in field surveys/audits of business unit operations.
- Assist in the development and implement processes for tracking and analyzing HSE data, in order to expand trending and reporting capabilities which help identify opportunities for improvement in these fields.
- Developing HSE posters, HSE moment, HSE flashes and other HSE related training materials.
- Assist in improvement initiatives around contractor HSE incident management and utilization of ISNetworld.
- Enter data into central database.
- Provide support for facility HSE Committee(s)/Team(s).
- Participate in HSE Management Systems review or facility’s self-assessments.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Degree / The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is:
- Full-time student pursuing bachelor’s or master's degree in Fire & Safety Engineering Technology, Occupational Safety & Health or Industrial Hygiene or Process Safety Management.
- Must have completed 30 semester hours in the topics above.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (A=4.0) - (Must provide proof of current GPA at time of hire to verify eligibility requirements are met).
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Skilled in in MS Office Products.