2023 Associate / Entryl Level Civil / Mechanical Engineer / Engineering Development Program
AVANGRID is a destination employer where talented and committed people build long-term careers. We are committed to unleashing every employee’s potential. Our 2-Year Engineering Development Program.
EDP is guided by three foundational principles: Exposure. Experience. Engagement.
Exposure to multiple business and engineering functions providing the opportunity to connect with managers, teams and resources across the organization to build a strong network.
Experience in a variety of challenging project-based assignments through immersion and on-the-job learning.
These carefully structured experiences will expose participants to each of the key elements of our Engineering Development Program:
- Rotational Assignments across multiple businesses and functions
- Self- Development Skills/ Leadership Skills training through blended learning
- Technical Advancement opportunities through Graduate Certificates at UConn, WPI, and GTI
- Business Acumen and Tech Talk Seminars through Lunch & Learns
- Cross-functional exposure and networking opportunities through rotational experiences
- Cohorts Connections to collaborate and communicate within and across Cohorts
- Participation in Peer2Peer Learning Partnerships and Formal Mentoring program for career support
- EDP Toolkit which provides templates to support rotations, key department experiences and learnings
The core of the program consists of three rotating job assignments generally every 6-9 months across one of the several potential tracks. Depending on the track, you may establish broad experience across engineering groups or deeper experience within a more specialized area. Each is designed to develop the experience and critical skills needed for your future role after graduating from the program.
For each rotation, participants will be tasked with challenging but rewarding assignments that will have a positive impact on the communities we serve while also providing the opportunities to develop as a future engineering leader. Members may also be given opportunities to work on Process Improvement or Cross Functional Projects that relate to their rotations. Depending on the degree, desired career path and business needs, these rotations could include experiences in Orange, CT, Rochester/Binghamton, NY and Augusta/Portland, ME.
The rotations would be in the following Track: Gas Engineering, Design & Delivery
You’ll join a team where you’ll learn the regulatory requirements that apply to the natural gas industry; construction standards, operating and maintenance practices for natural gas facilities; the planning, design, project management and construction practices associated with new and replacement facilities. Gas engineering works with gas operations and many other departments to ensure safe, reliable, economic energy to our customers.
The next cohort will start June 2023.
Job Requirements/ Preferences
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil / Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 and above
- Engineering co-op or internship experience preferred (Avangrid Internship a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read drawings and schematics preferred
- Able to work in a team environment and learn key business processes/procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and/or proven technical skills
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Able to relocate for positions as required
US work authorization is required/Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship
For more information, visit: www.avangrid.com
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com.
About AVANGRID (BGC, CNG, CMP, NYSEG, RG&E, UI, SCG, NYSEG)
AVANGRID (NYSE: AGR) is a diversified energy and utility company with operations in 24 states. As a leading sustainable energy company, we operate 8 electric and gas utilities with smart networks in the Northeast, serving ~3.2M customers. We are one of the country’s largest producers of clean power through wind energy, with wind and solar operations in 22 states. We are looking for innovators, go-getters and change-markers as we continue to grow as a U.S. leader in energy.
Binghamton, New York, United States
Lancaster, New York, United States
Brunswick, Maine, United States
Rochester, New York, United States
Augusta, Maine, United States
Orange, Connecticut, United States
Engagement in meaningful work and collaboration allowing participants to feel empowered and thrive in their career.
experience within our organization.