Electrical Engineer (5097)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Phoenix, AZ. In this role, you will work as part of a team to combine scientific and engineering principles, data driven techniques, and the most current experimental methods with robust subject-specific scientific expertise, to implement high-value solutions to complex technical problems.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing electrical engineering analyses and consulting related to ongoing Exponent work
- Supporting a range of consulting activities related to large-scale local and global programs to build custom datasets for machine learning algorithms including protocol development, data collection, data management, and analysis
- Critically assessing test results, methods of analysis and testing protocols and generating new testing protocols based on new information
- Providing operational support for prototype hardware and software systems including system validation and troubleshooting
- Maintaining a systematic approach to data collection and storage, and report writing
- Actively solving technical and logistical problems in a fast-paced environment
- Creating and leading ad hoc interdisciplinary teams comprised of consultants from Data Sciences, Human Factors, Health Sciences, and Engineering Sciences
- Developing data analysis and visualization tools related to project management, demographics, and human-centered data
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
- Technical background in electrical engineering, electronics, controls, embedded systems, or automation
- Experience in designing, constructing, and performing tests in a laboratory
- Experience with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, SEM, EDS, etc.
- Data analysis experience using Python, C++ or equivalent programming language
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to gather information and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and related industry
- Ability to support multiple group projects and market the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice and its consulting services
- Ability to take an ambiguous question, use data to draw insights, and convey the results to a wide range of audiences
- The desire to work with a diverse set of clients and engage in work outside of the traditional data science field
- Strong practical engineering ability combined with leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to travel to a variety of global locations to support project work (up to 25% travel)
- F.E. or P.E. license preferred
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.