Senior Associate (5183)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Senior Associate for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Phoenix, AZ. In this role you will work as part of a team to assess a wide range of electrical and electronics related challenges and develop engineering solutions for a variety of other engineering disciplines ranging from consumer electronics devices to automotive electronic systems. You will be expected to combine knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering with strong analytical and experimental abilities along with robust subject-specific scientific expertise to implement high-value solutions to complex technical problems. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical expertise across an extremely wide cross-section of industry and will interact with a variety of client contacts ranging from managers, engineers, and legal staff. You will be expected to demonstrate continued professional growth, both in technical areas relevant to your expertise, and in business skills essential to providing effective consulting services.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing engineering analyses related to ongoing Exponent work including circuit analysis, design reviews, safety compliance investigations, code reviews and failure analyses
- Performing reliability and failure analysis related to electrical/electronic systems and components as well as to computer systems, power equipment and computer networks
- Presenting technical results and solutions to a diverse audience through verbal, written, and interactive communication
- Preparing technical proposals, pursuing business developments, and expanding the range of electromagnetics-related services Exponent provides to clients
- Obtaining a professional license in Electrical Engineering
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- 3-4 years experience in electronics, electrical circuits, controls, or embedded systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to gather information and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and related industry
- Ability to support multiple group projects and market the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice and its consulting services
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.