Description of Role:
The Data Engineer will be an integral member of Delorean’s team, responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our system engineers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent and reliable for all of our energy storage projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing our company’s data architecture to support our entire range of energy storage operations and applications.
The Data Engineer will support Delorean by:
· Developing and maintaining Delorean’s operational data systems and architecture;
· Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement data requirements;
· Building and monitoring operational data pipelines from energy storage facilities and other operational data sources to cloud storage, databases, and analytics platforms;
· Deploying and maintaining energy storage data acquisition systems;
· Integration of energy storage data acquisition systems with Delorean and operational partner infrastructure;
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements;
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.;
· Automating data ETL for analytics and reporting;
· Deploying data tools and analytics products in collaboration with data analytics team;
· Keeping our data separated and secure in accordance with security requirements and industry best practices;
· Managing company codebase;
· Designing and documenting overall data infrastructure and workflow.
The Data Engineer may also be requested to assist with general administrative and management support functions to improve operations at Delorean Power. The ideal candidates for this position will have strong cloud and data engineering experience.
· A degree in computer science, software engineering, information system or related field from an accredited university;
· Experience with database and information system management;
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
· Experience building and optimizing “big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
· Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.;
· Experience with programing in SQL, Python, and other languages relevant to developing data pipelines;
· Experience building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure;
· Experience with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources formats of all kinds, including REST API, databases, flat files, streaming sources, etc.;
· Preferred: experience or working knowledge of energy industry data acquisition and historian systems;
· Foundational knowledge in computer and data science;
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Washington DC metropolitan area.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Base salary commensurate with experience and generous annual cash bonuses;
· Possibility of upside in the company for well-qualified candidates;
· Full benefits package, including 401k, health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and short term disability.