2023 PhD & Post Doc - Senior Scientist, Gene & Cell Therapy Platform
As a global company with operations across Asia, Europe, and North America, WuXi AppTec provides a broad portfolio of R&D and manufacturing services that enable global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to advance discoveries and deliver groundbreaking treatments to patients. Through its unique business models, WuXi AppTec’s integrated, end-to-end services include chemistry drug CRDMO (Contract Research, Development and Manufacturing Organization), biology discovery, preclinical testing and clinical research services, cell and gene therapies CTDMO (Contract Testing, Development and Manufacturing Organization), helping customers improve the productivity of advancing healthcare products through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
Discovery Biology Unit (DBU) provides validated discovery assays, including in vitro assays (HTS, SAR screening support, compound selectivity and early safety profiling, and cancer cell panel profiling) and in vivo disease models in cardiovascular, CNS, respiratory, metabolic and infectious diseases. Founded in 2008, we have multiple function teams of ~500 scientists, including 11% PhD, 55% MSc, and led by 12 seasoned scientific leaders with an average of 15 years of R&D experience in the US, Canada, and UK. Learn more about DBU here.
Job Location: Shanghai, China
- Design, prioritize and execute experimental strategies efficiently for the gene and cell therapy generation.
- Set up and manage a multifunctional team focusing on the gene and cell therapy early discovery
- Develop and enhance the gene and cell therapy platform capabilities.
- Apply scientific knowledge and expertise to lead the gene and cell therapy early discovery programs.
- Coordinate collaborations with internal and external collaborators.
- Supervise, manage and support team scientists to achieve their objectives and to develop their capabilities.
- Enhance team performance through effective and efficient management of the resources.
- Participate in planning the BD strategies through close collaboration with the BD teams.
- Document scientific findings and write articles or patents.
- Ph.D. in virology, immunology, biology or other relevant fields; Research experience within the fields of gene and cell therapy, and/or oncolytic virus is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in virology, molecular and cellular biology assays.
- An excellent track record of scientific publications of gene and cell therapy discovery, and other novel technologies.
- Familiar with the industry development of gene and cell therapies.
- Good management and communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese