Ergonomics Scientist (5440)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Ergonomics Scientist for our Human Factors Practice in Phoenix, AZ. In this role you will work as part of a collaborative and multidisciplinary team to help clients address science and business questions that may involve ergonomics, human factors, biomechanics, and rehabilitation engineering.
You will be responsible for:
- Bridging the gap between traditional Human Factors and Biomechanics by developing, and further expanding, Exponent’s capabilities in the field of Ergonomics
- Working on both high-stakes, litigation-driven projects, as well as cutting edge product-development-related engagements
- Supporting a range of accident-related consulting activities, such as accident analyses
- Conducting research to obtain and review technical data, scientific literature, and standards
- Eventually developing client contacts, and building relationships
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Providing case management, data processing, and other project support
The ideal candidate for this position will hold a Ph.D. degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, or a related discipline and have an interest in ergonomics and user experience (UX) research, and/or usability testing in a real-world setting. They will also possess intellectual rigor, critical thinking, creativity, a strong scientific background in the foundations of experimental and study design, as well as ergonomics/engineering/biomechanics. Candidates should be comfortable working in a professional engineering and scientific consulting environment, which is fast-paced and demands a high degree of independence, self-motivation, and dedication.
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Ergonomics, Human Factors, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, or related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude and proficiency with statistics
- Solid foundation in engineering and/or ergonomics
- Consummate project management skills and ability to juggle multiple teams concurrently
- Must be assertive, a self-starter, and able to work with accuracy and excellent time management skills
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.