Failure Analysis Engineer - New Grad
NCG Failure Analysis Engineer, Enphase Energy – Next Generation Storage Products
Location: San Francisco Area, California, US.
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 36 million microinverters on more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Join us on our mission!
The successful candidate will conduct hardware failure analysis of next-generation Enphase storage products, supporting the reliability and development teams. The candidate’s core responsibility will be to analyze failed samples from accelerated testing (electrical, thermal, humidity) to understand failure mode, failure mechanism, and root case. The candidate is also expected to recommend and validate suitable corrective actions and novel testing protocols that improve the reliability of our next-generation technologies.
- Lead Failure Analysis of energy storage products, including portable batteries, fuel cell, and generator integration.
- Support for Envoy technologies.
- Work with product design group to identify predictive tools/information to diagnose symptoms prior to product failures
- Timely analyze failed units (reliability and manufacturing) to find root cause and validate preventive actions, to ensure the optimum quality performance and reliability.
- Produce FA test reports (by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data) to be used for communicating issues and root causes to others. Report to executives.
- Develop innovative methods to identify critical failure modes and prevent/fix prior to new product launches.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support cross functional teams to perform DFMEA in early life cycle phase and recommend design changes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/MS in EE or equivalent. Proven track of academic excellence or equivalent work recognitions.
- Cumulative 1+ year experience with internships or Capstone-like projects in electrical design, reliability, or failure analysis.
- Experience with power supplies, inverters, connectors, or solar power.
- Proven ability to apply scientific problem-solving techniques with strong attention to detail
- Ability to cross-communicate with a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Good team player.