Research Specialist (2023 Graduates)
We are seeking Research Specialists to support the discovery of actionable business ideas that will help Fortune 500 executives transform their organizations, people and business outcomes. This role enables you to apply your intellectual curiosity in a collaborative, team-based environment. You’ll be offered robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within Gartner’s research and advisory community.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps senior leaders and their teams identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, bench-marking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Support and/or manage key research deliverables, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, roundtable discussions, or custom, in-bound research requests.
- Support the team through other tasks such as: coordinating and/or conducting research interviews with C-level executives, academics, or industry experts, organizing meetings and teleconferences, and preparing research materials and summaries for the team.
- Be a key member of the Research team and contribute to the entire project life-cycle from conception to completion and presentation
What you will need:
- A Bachelor's degree and 0-3 years of experience in academic or applied research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity in order to process and understand information quickly, as well as diagnose issues to make actionable recommendations.
- Experience converting qualitative and quantitative information into clear frameworks, narratives and visually compelling presentations.
- U.S. work authorization required
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess business problems and provide actionable, outcome-based insights.
- A strong writer, ideally with experience creating business related deliverables such as white papers, articles, etc.
- Excellent communicator and relationship manager who enjoys working with C-level Executives and can disseminate complex data through relevant means.
- Enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- A dedicated learning environment and onboarding program targeted for early to mid-career individuals to accelerate long-term career success as a researcher at Gartner.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.