2023 University Intern - Health, Safety & Environment
BRING YOUR ENERGY TO AN OUTSTANDING INTERNSHIP.
Our internships allow you to provide your energy, your collaboration, and your contribution as you experience the same types of challenges as our full-time hires. We believe internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. The majority of our University New Hires come through our intern program. Get more information at https://p66oncampus.jobs.
Summer internships may include the following:
- Orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders.
- Participating in continuous coaching conversations with your manager, who will provide direction throughout your internship.
- An assigned mentor to give further guidance and help with the technical challenges of your role and navigation through the day-to-day questions and work processes.
- Giving a presentation at the end of the summer to senior business leaders and key stakeholders. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate what you learned in your internship and provide insight on your experience.
Our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) organization supports our business and operating facilities through regulatory compliance, advocacy, interpretation, and education. Phillips 66 is committed to the health and safety of everyone who works in our facilities and those who livein the communities where we operate or uses our products. As such, we conduct our business with care for the environment and strive for world class operating excellence by integrating our Health, Occupational Safety, Process Safety and Environmental principles throughout our businesses with a commitment to continuous improvement.
As a HSE summer intern with Phillips 66 you will contribute to Phillips 66’s core values and strategies while gaining a ground-level understanding of the energy industry's complex hazards and solutions through hands-on assignments at one of our various U.S. locations. HSE Interns may expect to:
- Specialize in one or more functional areas including emergency response, general accident prevention, personal safety, process safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, air, water, waste, energy and resource conservation, social responsibility, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop technically and professionally by working with experts inside and outside the company.
- Assist in the development and production of plans, programs, and procedures guiding company policy and regulatory compliance, safe operations, and prevention of undesired consequences.
- Have assignments that may include reviewing and analyzing environmental regulatory requirements for a project or portion of the operation, performing technical calculations, estimations and database management, preparing applications for regulatory approvals or reports, and developing programs, plans and proposals.
- Be located in Linden, NJ; Houston, TX; Lake Charles, LA; Roxana, IL; Ferndale, WA; Billings, MT; Rodeo, CA;; Borger, TX; Ponca City, OK; Los Angeles, CA; Sweeny, TX; Amarillo, TX; Long Beach, CA; or Bartlesville, OK.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Industrial Safety, Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent STEM field of study
- Greater than 30 hours of earned college credit
- Graduation date of August 2023 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
- Depending on the specific position, you must be willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Valid driver's license
To apply and be considered:
- Apply online by going to http://p66oncampus.jobs and complete the entire application process
- Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
- Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.