2023 University Intern - Commercial
BRING YOUR ENERGY TO AN OUTSTANDING INTERNSHIP.
Our internships allow you to provide your energy, your collaboration, and your contribution as you experience the same types of challenges as our full-time hires. We believe internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. The majority of our University New Hires come through our intern program. Get more information at www.p66oncampus.jobs.
An internship with Phillips 66 Commercial includes value-adding projects that analyze and evaluate the rapidly moving energy markets and look to provide real-life solutions to the multiple challenges our customers face every day. Interaction with both recent graduates and experienced managers provides both personal development and the industry knowledge needed to make a future career decision.
Internship activities include the following:
- Orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders.
- Participating in continuous coaching conversations with your manager, who will provide direction throughout your internship.
- Working with an assigned mentor for further guidance and to help you with the technical challenges of your role and give assistance in navigating through the day-to-day questions regarding working in the corporate world.
- Giving a presentation at the end of the summer to senior business leaders and key stakeholders. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate what you learned in your internship and provide insight on your experience.
Our Phillips 66 Commercial organization is focused on optimizing assets and improving operational performance by gathering market intelligence, managing risk, and creating logistic solutions across the globe.
Phillips 66’s Commercial Organization includes:
- Business Development
- Crude and Refined Products Supply
- Global Asset Optimization
- Global Trading
- Logistics and Scheduling
- Market Analysis
Opportunities are available in our organization to:
- Complete value-adding projects in Supply & Trading, Business Development, and/or Optimization that analyze and evaluate the rapidly moving energy markets and provide real-life solutions to the multiple challenges our customers face every day.
- Interact with recent graduates and experienced leaders to gain personal development and the industry knowledge needed to make a future career decision. The Commercial experience will develop you technically and professionally and will involve personal interaction with both office and field employees.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel, Tableau and other applications that are specific to the intern assignment. Interns receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments while leveraging technical skills acquired in college.
Key candidate characteristics include, but not limited to:
- Analytical capability
- Ambitious & driven
- Business acumen
- Values collaboration
- Communication skills
- Curious & inquisitive
- Innovative thinking
- Shared values
- Passion for industry
- Interest in trading
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics/Data Analytics, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent field of study or a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or MBA
- Greater than 60 hours of earned college credit
- Graduation date of August 2023 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- Available to work at Houston, TX headquarters
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry or field
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint