2023 University Intern - Lubricants
BRING YOUR ENERGY TO AN OUTSTANDING INTERNSHIP.
Our internships allow you to provide your energy, your collaboration, and your contribution as you experience the same types of challenges as our full-time hires. We believe internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. The majority of our University New Hires come through our intern program. Get more information at www.p66oncampus.jobs.
Summer internship activities may include the following:
- Orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders.
- Participating in continuous coaching conversations with your manager, who will provide direction throughout your internship.
- Provided with an assigned mentor for further guidance and to help you with the technical challenges of your role and give assistance in navigating through the day-to-day questions regarding working in the corporate world.
- Giving a presentation at the end of the summer to senior business leaders and key stakeholders. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate what you learned in your internship and provide insight on your experience.
Encompassing an entire manufacturing, logistics and marketing value chain, Phillips 66 Lubricants is a market leader in North America and a growing part of the company portfolio. We differentiate ourselves through the quality of our products and our ability to capture opportunities effectively.
A summer internship with Phillips 66 Lubricants offers the opportunity to apply your skills and sharpen your business acumen, providing on-the-job experience with the economics and analysis that drive real business decisions.
- Projects vary widely in scope, ranging from the optimization and debottlenecking of plant operations to the evaluation and development of market strategies
- Learn about the Lubricants business by working with experts throughout the value chain and travelling across the country to visit refineries, production sites and a world class research and development facility
- Utilize business management tools to optimize the Phillips 66 Lubricants’ supply chain and analyze market intelligence to identify opportunities for growth in the industry
Key candidate characteristics include, but not limited to:
- Analytical capability
- Ambitious & driven
- Business acumen
- Values collaboration
- Communication skills
- Curious & inquisitive
- Innovative thinking
- Shared values
- Passion for industry
- Interest in trading
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics/Data Analytics, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent field of study or a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or MBA
- Greater than 60 hours of earned college credit
- Graduation date of August 2023 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- Available to work at Houston, TX headquarters
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint