2023 University MBA Intern - Finance
BRING YOUR ENERGY TO AN OUTSTANDING INTERNSHIP.
Our internships allow you to provide your energy, your collaboration, and your contribution as you experience the same types of challenges as our full-time hires. We believe internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. The majority of our University New Hires come through our intern program. Get more information at www.p66oncampus.jobs.
Opportunities may include:
- Completing a challenging assignment. Projects are carefully selected after considering both the needs of you and Phillips 66. We want you to be challenged and engaged, and benefit from your final product.
- Presenting your findings and recommendations to key decision makers. We are looking for candidates that not only have the analytical capability to evaluate important questions but can also communicate their findings to key decision makers accurately, concisely and clearly.
An MBA summer internship with Phillips 66 offers a challenging job assignment in a fast-paced environment for analytical and creative thinkers who can drive solutions that maximize shareholder value and keep us on solid financial ground:
- Opportunities include, but are not limited to, assignments within our Finance, Marketing, Business Development, or Emerging Energy groups
- You will gain hands-on experience. The internship will lean on what you have learned in the classroom and provide you an opportunity to strengthen your financial competency and strategic thinking on real world projects.
- You will gain industry experience. The summer schedule includes field trips, seminars and training opportunities to help you learn about the four segments in which Phillips 66 competes: Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties.
- We offer a collaborative environment with mentors, supervisors, new hires, subject matter experts and various levels of management to help you along the way.
- Internship opportunities are located at our headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Responsibilities may include:
- We have had great success with our internship projects. Examples include:
- Recommending optimal strategies to maximize shareholder return, including share repurchase, dividend plan, capital allocation, or other opportunities
- Building financial models to aid in long-term growth planning
- Analyzing corporate or counterparty risk and putting a plan in place to mitigate exposure
- Evaluating internal or external projects and providing management with information to make well-informed investment decisions
- Leading a business unit process improvement effort
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing an MBA with strong economic and financial analysis skills
- Graduating in December 2023 or May 2024
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- Minimum business school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Technical (Engineering, Chemistry, etc.) or Financial (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.) undergraduate degree
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
- Minimum five years prior professional experience (business or technical)