Postdoctoral Fellow - Infectious Disease, Kapadia Lab
The Department of Infectious Diseases at Genentech has an exciting open postdoctoral training opportunity to strengthen your experience in host-pathogen interactions. We are seeking a dedicated and innovative researcher for a postdoctoral training position to join the Kapadia lab to study host-microbe interactions in Acute Respiratory Distress syndrome (ARDS), sepsis, Cystic Fibrosis (CF) or bacterial/viral pneumonia. This project stems from our interest in better understanding both host and pathogen-associated targets/pathways that regulate disease pathophysiology with the goal of uncovering novel biology for therapeutic intervention. This position will work in close collaboration with other postdoctoral fellows or scientists in Infectious Diseases, Immunology and Biomarker Discovery.
- Candidate should have recently obtained or will soon obtain a doctoral degree in one of the following fields: Microbiology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry.
- Work experience and a strong foundation in Immunology and/or Microbiology are highly preferred.
- Experience working with in vivo infection models is also highly desired. Bioinformatics skills especially in analyzing large multi-omics datasets (e.g. single cell/nuclei, proteomics, CITE-seq) are desirable but not required.
- Enthusiasm to solve challenging complex biological problems, rigorous and data-driven scientific logic and solid technical skills are essential qualities.
- Qualified candidates must have strong publication record to demonstrate productivity and independent thinking
For more information about the Kapadia's Lab:
More Information about the Genentech Postdoctoral Program:
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.