Scientist DNA QA
Scientist DNA QA
- River Falls, WI 54022, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
DNA Lab Scientist is dedicated to supporting dedicated to supporting all testing activities within the DNA QA. DNA Lab focuses on SNP, AP, Event ID and zygosity testing for plant and sample prep for animal genotyping.
Knowledge and ability to conduct (start or stop) all processes related to testing in DNA QA lab including, but not limited to:
- Preparation of paperwork
- Sample preparation (leaf, seed, or animal samples)
- DNA Extraction
- PCR set-up
- Data analysis
- Training of new staff and management of seasonal staff
- Internal communication about processes and results
- Potential external communication to customers or vendors
- Other duties as needed
- Maintain appropriate inventory and organize supplies- including ordering reagents and supplies
- Effectively communicate personnel issues to Supervisor and/or Manager
- Support and maintain all quality aspects of the lab including ISO documentation, training records, record retention, etc.
- All other duties as requested
- A Bachelor of Science in a field related to Agriculture or Laboratory Science is preferred but not required
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Good communication skills are required for this position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn to use lab specific hardware and software as needed
- 8am-4:30pm M-F with additional hours as needed.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins BioDiagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.