The Material Control and Accountability Engineer will identify inventory issues and coordinate their resolution, as well as prepare material accounting and inventory statements using various material inventory systems. Ensures that review, analysis and measurement control programs are performed in accordance with applicable site programs. Provide materials accountability service operations in areas such as analysis and reporting of nuclear materials, sealed sources, accounting network computing resources, and tamper indicating devices (TIDs) inventory data.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or closely related field of study.
- Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible related work experience
- Database management and programming
- Inventory management
- Knowledge of accounting or book-keeping and statistics using databases
- Programming abilities on Structural programming language and/or Object-Oriented Language, such as C, C++, Transact-SQL, Oracle, etc. visual basic and transact-sq
- Database Management within Office 365
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of DOE O 474.2
- Use of Office 365
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
- Understanding and experience with radiological materials
Ability to obtain and maintain DOE Q Clearance
Environmental, Health, and Safety Considerations
- Moderate lifting (less than 30 lbs)
- Alertness, hearing alarms, understanding speech and speaking / communication
Brookhaven Science Associates requires proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Proof of full vaccination as recognized by the CDC and/or WHO, inclusive of the two-week waiting period, is required at the start of your employment.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.