Researcher II - Renewable Thermal Energy Systems
NREL is seeking to hire a researcher to participate in various projects to conduct cutting-edge research in the areas of renewable thermal energy systems, which may include solar thermal collectors, geothermal technologies and renewable thermal hybrid energy systems. The candidate will work with other engineers and scientists in the Thermal Energy Systems Group, within the Energy Conversion and Storage Systems Center (ECaSS) Center. The thermal energy systems group is focused on concentrating solar thermal technologies, thermal energy hybridization systems, and thermal energy storage systems.
The candidate will conduct system analysis on innovative renewable thermal energy system modeling for power generation, industrial process heat, thermal energy storage or district heating and cooling. Qualifications include:
- Understanding of thermal systems and heat transfer.
- Proficiency in the C++, Matlab, or Python coding and languages and scripts.
- Ability to compile and present technical research to a wide audience.
- Ability to conduct the independent research in hybrid thermal energy systems, particularly on concentrating solar thermal power and geothermal energy, with necessary guidance.
Relevant Master's Degree. Or, relevant Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of experience.
Additional Required Qualifications
- General knowledge and application of engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Training in team, task or project leadership responsibilities.
- Intermediate abilities and knowledge of practices and techniques.
- Beginning experience in project management.
- Good writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess fundamental understanding on concentrating solar power technologies.
- Mentor student interns to carry out scope-specific project.
Annual Salary Range (based on full-time 40 hours per week)
Job Profile: Researcher II / Annual Salary Range: $69,400 - $114,500