Product Marketing Manager, DNA Cloning
Using knowledge of customer needs and market trends, and with support of the Associate Director, Portfolio Management, DNA Cloning, accountable for implementing the strategic direction and global marketing tactics to drive the revenue and brand growth for a given range of products within the New England Biolabs’ DNA cloning product portfolio.
- Maintain good knowledge of the market trends and customer needs for the DNA cloning products (including exo- and endo-nucleases).
- Implement marketing strategies that match these customer needs with the specific benefits of the products to create unique and sustainable market positions.
- Identify new product and market opportunities related to the given range of products and working to realize them.
- Help to develop and then manage the implementation of creative promotional tactics that align themselves with the buying process of the customer, and drive both brand awareness and product revenue growth.
- Propose and manage the list and net prices to end-users for each of the products.
- Propose and support the optimum channel through which to market and sell the different products in the range.
- Maintain a good knowledge of competitors’ product offerings and market activities so that counter-strategies and tactics can be developed quickly to both protect and grow current market shares.
- Monitor the performance – revenue, profitability, market share – of each product in the range to both assess what changes in strategy or tactic might be necessary, as well as building up a knowledge base of best practices, with which to increase the success rate of future plans.
- Act as a champion for the given range of products, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals set for the products most effectively.
- Involved with management of the lifecycle of the given range of products. This potentially includes:
- Collaborating with Research and Applications and Product Development to develop target specifications for the product to be developed, based on an understanding of customer needs;
- Collaborating with customers to test these specifications during the product’s development phase;
- Collaborating with US Marketing, Global Business Development and the individual NEB Subsidiaries to develop and implement the launch plans for new products;
- Collaborating with Production to ensure that the product is manufactured to both specification and forecast;
- Collaborating with Sales and Field Application Specialists, Technical Support and Customer Service globally to ensure adequate pre- and post-launch support.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of core life science disciplines – biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, etc.
- MBA or equivalent on-the-job training, when supplemented by external business skills training with a focus on marketing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in life science industry, ideally in a marketing or sales role.
- Proven ability to motivate and potentially direct cross-functional teams without line management authority.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritizing and managing multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of the life sciences market; network of customers and other third parties that can be drawn upon to achieve given tasks more readily.
- Good understanding of core principles of marketing and how to best apply them to the life science market.
- Solid understanding of selling process and how it is used effectively with varying product types in different segments of life science market a plus.
- Excellent computing skills, with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office tool set; Salesforce.com knowledge a plus.
- Experience in developing novel, growth strategies for product portfolios, upselling these approaches to senior management an added benefit.
- Experience managing the lifecycle of a range of different product types from idea conceptualization through launch, growth and maturity, to their formal deletion.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including internationally.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.
NEB currently requires all employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires must be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment. NEB will consider requests for reasonable accommodations, as required by applicable law.