Continuous Improvement Leader
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Integrated Transformer Management (ITM) System Leader (Entry Level Continuous Improvement Leader) for its Crystal Springs, Mississippi location. This role is responsible for driving sustainable and transformational change across the extended Factory Value Chain, focused on ITM maturity and demonstrated improvement in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost. Overall responsible to define and implement short, medium, and long-term actions to improve safety, operating efficiency, quality and productivity in the entire value chain, to improve customer satisfaction and reduce operating costs in a safe working environment
- Strategy Deployment:
- Partners with the cross-functional leadership team in developing and operationalizing the Strategy Deployment process and Operations Center approach.
- ITM Maturity and Continuous Improvement:
- Change agent and champion of a continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination across the organization using ITM lean methods, processes, and tools, such as 5S, Daily Management, Problem Solving, Leader Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance, etc. Support and coach all activities in the organization to implement the ITM system and drive improved maturity assessment process to advance the organization through the ITM phases of deployment (Basic, Standard, Advanced, Leading).
- KPI Management (SQDIC Focus):
- Drive optimization of KPIs around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost. Facilitate the integration of the HSE and Quality Management system into the ITM system for the organization. Facilitate Cost Take-out for the organization and partner with the extended cross-functional organization on overall use of ITM tools to drive cost-out and productivity.
- Improvement Projects:
- Facilitate the development of Cost-out and productivity projects across the business to achieve targets. Ensure effective sustainment of results and support problem solving (Root Cause Countermeasure) as needed to close gaps to targets.
- People Capability, Training and Development:
- Build continuous improvement capability through training and implementation of ITM tools and methods. Be the expert on the ITM system, with focus on training and coaching others to build capabilities on the tools and methods to drive process transformation. Build a Coaching culture across the organization with focus on Employee Engagement and Accountability. Combine technical knowledge with people and organizational skills to deliver organizational maturity and KPI improvements. Drive a culture of Servant Leaders who coach and engage team members, driving empowerment and ownership for con
- Specific tasks
- Monthly Newsletter edition.
- 5S audits schedule and mitigations follow up, support process owner to close the findings. Update the 5S boards that are in place.
- Support the P.E. Kaizen Leader in the prework, especially in the standard work creation and Risk Assessment (all of this validated with the manufacturing engineer of the area)
- Support the P.E. Kaizen Leader in the report out after each Kaizen and actions follow up.
- Lead some specific Kaizens needed to improve a particular process based on the daily issues, working with the operators in the area.
- Help us to complete the VSM, record times for each process and waste observation.
- Participate in all the Tier Meetings to make sure we are meeting the HUB ITM standards.
- Support the supervisors on documenting RPS.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related field and a minimum 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment .
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Transformers manufacturing experience a plus.
- 2+ years implementing and driving a Lean system (e.g. ITM) implementation across an organization.