Air Quality Project Specialist/Consultant
We are interviewing for full-time Air Quality Project Specialists/Consultants at our Houston and Denver locations. Candidates should have between 0 and 3 years of experience in air quality consulting.
Interested candidates are not required to have previous consulting experience. This position’s main duty is to come to Spirit ready to learn and absorb as much as possible. However, some previous air quality consulting experience in the is a plus. This experience can include state and federal air quality regulatory review, site-specific compliance implementation, assisting prepare New Source Review permitting applications, and air dispersion modeling. We strongly encourage potential candidates to apply if they feel confident they could be successful in the role despite not meeting all criteria.
- Complete tasks related to air quality permitting and compliance as required by internal customers accurately and on time;
- Increase your knowledge in all aspects of air quality consulting;
- Quality presentation with QC of personal work;
- Effectively communicate information with internal customers on a task level;
- Develop and maintain trusting professional relationships with team members; and
- Promote Spirit externally to clients.
- Demonstrates skills including effective personal leadership, time management, and problem solving;
- Effective written and verbal communication;
- Fundamental math and science competencies (e.g., unit conversions, use of formulas, data evaluation);
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Word/Excel/Outlook/SharePoint) and time/expense tracking software;
- Proficiency with software and tools applicable to your project (e.g., BEEST, ArcGIS, TRI-ME); and
- Basic understanding of relevant regulations related to their tasks, projects, and client operations. Ability to navigate regulatory websites and databases.
- B.S. or above in chemical engineering or a related scientific discipline;
- 0-3 years of air quality consulting experience is required;
- A high level of professional ethics;
- Social skills and professionalism necessary to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients and co-workers; and
- Limited travel.
Spirit offers competitive salaries and outstanding full-time employee benefits. Noteworthy benefits include opportunities for quarterly bonuses; automatic company contributions to employee 401(k) accounts; and 100% payment of all employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums, as well as a predetermined portion of premiums elected for any dependents. Spirit follows a hybrid office schedule with 2 in-office days per week and every other Friday as a “flex” day off. Our PTO policy is outstanding, and we provide all of our employees with the opportunity to participate in our cellphone plan, Wellness Program, Volunteer Committees (Humanitarian, Wellness, Sustainability) and much more. Spirit has been a carbon-neutral company since 2019, has an internal Sustainability Management Plan, and pays for public transportation for Denver team members.
If this opportunity inspires you and our Core Values (People, Integrity, Continuous Improvement, Excellence) resonate with you, then apply today!
Spirit Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spirit does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.