Vehicle Mechanical Engineer (6093) - Master's or Ph.D.
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Vehicle Engineering Practice in Philadelphia, PA. In this role you will work as part of a team responsible for the analysis of transportation accidents, mechanical failures, and the design of consumer and industrial products. Your technical background and hands-on experience will combine with your excellent communication skills to provide Exponent’s clients with answers to their technical problems, while empowering the development of your consulting practice and professional experience.
- Performing technical analyses of accidents involving roadway users, including cars, commercial vehicles, public transportation, two-wheeled vehicles and pedestrians
- Leveraging vehicle- and component-level testing at Exponent’s world-class test facilities to refine or demonstrate your technical analyses
- Pursuing cutting-edge research to address pressing technical issues facing vehicle transportation and accident analysis
- Conducting first-hand field investigations of accident vehicles and locations
- Communicating the results of your technical analysis and research in the form of technical reports, presentations and testimony to diverse audiences, technical and otherwise
- Opportunities for paid overtime and work-related travel
Education and Background:
- Master’s degree or greater in an engineering or engineering-related field
- Knowledge of (or interest) in vehicle systems
- Prior professional experience in a technical role a plus
- Experience in field and/or lab measurements preferred
- Strong background in statics, dynamics and mechanics
- Technical computer skills (including 3D CAD and/or technical programming)
- Aptitude for complicated technical analysis and problem-solving
- P.E. license or the willingness to obtain a P.E. license
- Must possess strong communication skills for synthesizing and presenting technical information
- Leadership experience an advantage
- Dedication to quality and accuracy
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.