Interline Therapeutics leverages capabilities in genomics, proteomics, structural biology, and computational chemistry to elucidate protein communities and develop new medicines that target key drivers of inflammation and cancer.
Interline is creating a culture centered around our dual commitments to patients and employees. We believe that if we prioritize science and innovation, empower one another, and have fun, we will significantly improve the lives of patients. We are growing a diverse and inclusive team with individuals that are action-oriented and united by common values.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic structural biologist with extensive experience in the art of cryo-electron microscopy to join our discovery team. As a key member of our Structural Biology group, you will work with both internal and external colleagues to establish cryo-EM capabilities at Interline and actively enable our diverse research portfolio. In this role, will have significant impact on the capabilities and workflows that will enable this technology across our platform.
This position is based in our South San Francisco office. We offer a competitive salary, equity, and benefits package along with excellent career development opportunities.
- Actively participate as a member of drug discovery and target enablement teams, working closely with protein scientists, computational and medicinal chemists, cell biologists, and mass spectrometry scientists to characterize protein-protein interactions and discover novel small molecules that modulate those interactions
- Determine novel structures of protein complexes and proteins in complex with small molecules to enable target characterization and assessment of mechanism of action
- Collaborate with other members of our protein sciences and structural biology teams to optimize the production and purification of challenging protein targets for structural characterization
- Prepare cryo-EM grids, oversee data collection (e.g., using a Titan Krios), data processing and high-resolution structure determination
- Communicate results across project teams and with external collaborators to enable all aspects of drug discovery
- Mentor other scientists in the art of cryo-EM structure determination, broadly enable cryo-EM capabilities and workflows, and help guide the further growth of the structural biology group
- PhD or equivalent degree, with 0-5 years post degree experience in an academic or industry setting
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of cryo-EM to determine high resolution protein structures, including protein purification, grid freezing, data collection, processing, and structure determination
- Demonstrated accomplishments with publications or prior work experience
- Experience with structure-guided drug design a plus
- Track record of delivering in a fast-paced, innovative, dynamic environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong desire to work collaboratively within a team environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability