Billing Analyst/Customer Service Specialist
Assists the Director of Energy Management with the daily operations of Minol’s Multifamily Energy Management division including the implementation and onboarding of new clients as well as the ongoing delivery of products and services. Provides excellent customer service both verbal and written and demonstrates a passion and sense of urgency for resolving client issues. Acts as the primary point of contact for the Energy Management client base and partners with support functions in research, accounting and reporting to ensure service level agreements are met. Develops, maintains and leverages partnerships with utility providers to ensure quick resolution of utility issues. Has a keen attention to detail regarding client needs and requests and goes above and beyond to satisfy clients.
· New Account Implementation (25 %)
Partner with clients during the implementation phase of the energy management process by requesting, reviewing and building necessary setup documents including Utility Vendor Codes, Accounting GL Codes and Resident Data into EnergyCap software.
Complete the import of implementation data into EnergyCAP software and resolve any issues related to missing information.
Complete Quality Control of imported data to ensure accuracy.
Complete client review and finalize the implementation process.
Negotiate, reduce and/or gain credits for unnecessary utility deposits on behalf of clients.
Attention to detail, a sense of urgency and being highly organized is critical to success in this area.
· Utility Issue Resolution (40%)
Completes daily review of the Energy Management issues report generated through EnergyCap software following utility bill processing as well as concerns reported by residents captured through Minol’s Resident Relations team. Issues and questions will include Vacant Unit charges, variances of prior month or year for water, gas, electric or other services as well as erroneous charges from utility providers to residents and properties. The Energy Management Analyst will research issues by contacting clients and discussing potential reasons for the variance, determining validity of the variance and then resolving the variance or requesting additional research from Operations. Being organized, having a passion for issue resolution and a sense of urgency is critical to success in this area.
· Reporting (35%)
Assisting clients with reporting requests including accounts payable detail, usage reports, copies of provider bills and other information located in EnergyCAP as well as training the client on how to utilize self-service.
· Creating Vacant Cost Recovery Billing (5%)
Complete manual Vacant Cost Recovery Billing (VUCR) for our client that are not on our full Expense Management platform. Obtains copies of provider statements, manually enters charges in spreadsheets, audits charges against current rent roll, calculates per day rates, updates billing platform with current charges, and notifies Billing Analyst when charges are ready for billing.
· Creating Annual Utility Budgets (5%)
Assist Director in budget preparation for each client that has elected budget service. Identify and document vendor rate increases, one-time charges or credits and other non-standard items that can impact year-over-year utility expense. Generate budgets and review with clients. Finalize budgets.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Bachelors Degree preferred but not required.
· Energy Manager in Training (EMIT) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) preferred
· Knowledge of energy management program development. Knowledge of Energy Cap software. Ability to analyze energy data, create budgets and resolve utility related issues with a team.
· 1-3 years experience in a customer service related field preferably in utilities or multifamily.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proficient in reading, analyzing and interpreting utility bills.
· Excellent organizational communication skills (oral and written).
· Strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
· Ability to function independently and prioritize workload.
· Knowledge of utility industry is a plus.