Entry Level Technical Sales Representative
At KEYENCE, we never settle. We aim to change the status quo for society and for the world, one product at a time. We are a global leader in industrial automation with the ability to add value to customers in all aspects of manufacturing, research, and design. Our strict promote from within policy puts pressure on our organization to continue developing new managers so we can expand our business and provide lucrative careers for our employees. We hire talented individuals who push themselves and our organization to get to the next level.
As a Technical Sales Representative you will be responsible for proactively expanding our business with new and existing customers within your assigned sales territory. At KEYENCE, our direct-sales professionals work in a local sales office two days a week and visit customers on-site three days a week to provide consultative, solution-based sales. You will be challenged to develop a deep understanding of our products, industry knowledge, and our business model through our extensive classroom training, mentorship, and continuous training and development opportunities. With dedicated corporate support and marketing groups to assist our sales force, we are in a unique position to rapidly expand our business together.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prospect new business through cold calls, warm leads, and collaboration with sales office team to exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas.
• Work directly with customers to understand their business operations and provide face-to-face consultations to add value to their organization through implementation of KEYENCE products.
• Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to KEYENCE’s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
• Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing and laboratory environments.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to KEYENCE’s success.
• Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
• Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
• Ability to lift and carry 35~ 85 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles onto a dolly.
• Position requires the use of a personal vehicle. Larger vehicle may be required dependent on product line equipment size. Must have a valid driver’s license at all times.
Why work for KEYENCE?
• Competitive compensation & benefits
• PAID training & development program
• Recognized by Forbes World’s Top 100 as “Most Innovative” company 8 years in a row
• Promote from Within Culture
• CEO of your territory
• Medical, Dental, Vision & other voluntary benefits
KEYENCE is an at-will, Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company does not sponsor applicants for work visa.
Up to 60% Travel