Environmental Science Intern for Planning, Permitting, Licensing
Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 150 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverse Environmental Science Intern for Planning, Permitting, and Licensing for our Summer 2023 intern program. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
We encourage college seniors who are interested to apply. Those who complete the internship program can be considered for full-time opportunities upon graduation.
Our Environmental Science for PPL Interns:
- Assist on current environmental permitting and compliance projects
- Assist with wetland delineations, wildlife and plant surveys, and other biological field work
- Document research and field investigation
- Assist with developing and writing reports and environmental permitting documents
- Network with company professionals
- This is a full-time, paid position
- Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible)
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled in environmental science, biology, ecology, natural resources, or related field
- Excellent data collection, technical writing and communication skills
- Comfort in the outdoors and ability to maintain a positive attitude during year-round field work in a variety of weather conditions
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- The successful candidate will also be able to perform well with minimal supervision and have familiarity with GPS and GIS technologies
- The candidate should have a strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, ESRI, HydroCad, WaterCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.