Counselor - Fort Collins High School
Percentage: 100% + 6 day extended contract
Work calendar days: 188
Duration of position: Ongoing
Pay for this position is determined by the Licensed Educator Salary Schedule based on years of experience and education.
Benefits include: Health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
This is a probationary position. However, PSD employees currently under a licensed contract may apply for this position if selected, will retain contract status.
Must have a valid Colorado Educator's License with appropriate endorsement.
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting students in the areas of academic success, career and college readiness, and social/emotional development; serving as a resource for students, families, staff, and community; and delivering services within the framework of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS
1. Plan, organize, and deliver a data-driven, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate school counseling program to all students based on the ASCA National Model.
a. Individual and small group counseling services that support academic, career, and social/emotional development.
b. Classroom guidance lessons centered on the ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success: K-12 College and Career-Readiness Standards for Every Student
3. Respond to student crisis situations and report or refer to appropriate professionals or agencies.
4. Support student transitional activities including registration and grade level transitions.
5. Assist students and families with educational and/or career planning.
a. Growth opportunities for staff and families.
b. Leadership and expertise in creating a positive school culture and climate that integrates diverse backgrounds, strengths, and needs.
7. Facilitate problem-solving skills and conflict resolution.
8. Understand and use current job-related technology.
a. With administrators, parents/guardians, staff, and community partners regarding student needs and concerns.
b. With administrators, parents/guardians, staff, and students to develop and implement academic and/or behavior plans and interventions.
10. Demonstrate a commitment to:
a. Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
b. Include and engage families in the student’s education.
c. Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations.
d. Provide personal and professional excellence.
11. Participate in:
a. Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions.
b. Student and/or family conferences and other meetings.
c. Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
d. Professional growth opportunities.
12. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in School Counseling or related field and special service provider licensure program required.
- Experience working with students in a school setting required.
- Experience counseling students in a school setting preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Valid Colorado Special Services license with School Counselor or related endorsement required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged.
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org